Whether you live here full-time or you’re looking to travel to the Derby City, Louisville makes for a great time with the girls, especially for bachelorette parties, and with warmer weather just around the corner, now’s the time to start planning the big event. For a curated experience that is sure to provide an impressive and festive experience for you and your best friends, look no further. From where to brunch to how to get around the city, here is your Louisville Bachelorette Party Guide: Where to Eat, Stay & Play.”
WHERE TO EAT/DRINK
No matter if it’s the first thing on the list or the recovery activity for the next morning, all great bachelorette parties include brunch. We highly recommend LouVino for bottomless mimosas and sharable brunch tapas. If you’re looking for farm-to-table treats and a housemade smoky, spicy Bloody Mary, head to Harvest. For an especially lively morning, check out Le Moo for a drag show and brunch buffet. Be sure to get your tickets for the drag brunch in advance, though. They tend to book up quickly. Lastly, for great food with a colorful atmosphere, check out Noosh Nosh.
SB TIP: Find more great local brunch options on our Brunch Bucketlist.
Dinner & Drinks
For some of the best dinner spots in the city where you can get a little bit fancy, we recommend Proof on Main, Mussel & Burger Bar, Grassa Gramma and River House. For more a bit more of a party atmosphere, we suggest checking out Mojito in Havana, Zanzabar, Noche Mexican BBQ, The Blind Squirrel, Garage Bar, The Limbo and The Eagle. For drinks and appetizers with a particularly girls-night-out vibe, you can’t go wrong with The Champagnery and Nouvelle Bar & Bottle.
RELATED: Louisville’s Best Happy Hours
Come spring, if it’s drinks with a view you’re after, Louisville has several rooftop bars that are perfect for the occasion. Grab drinks and an appetizer at 8UP Elevated Kitchen & Drinkery, conveniently located downtown, or hang at Copper & Kings’ ALEX&DER rooftop bar. If you’re staying at The Omni or want to grab a spa treatment, you and the gang can enjoy their rooftop pool and bar. For more of a relaxed hangout spot, head to HopCat’s rooftop bar — and be sure to try their “Crack Fries!”
WHERE TO PLAY
For a unique Louisville experience, we suggest and/all of the following based on your interest and desired activity level:
For the Athletic Type
- Take to the rocks and do some climbing at The Rock Gem, Climb NuLu, or Evo Rock.
- Throw axes at Flying Axes, or check out Louisville’s “original ‘rage room'” at The Smash Time.
- Catch a Cards game.
- Pedal around town with some adult beverages via The Thirsty Pedaler.
- Head east less than an hour to experience goat yoga at Sunny Acres Farm.
- Go ziplining at Louisville Mega Cavern.
For the Fun & Games Type
- Shoot each other with Nerf guns at Foam Warriorz or play laser tag at Lazer Blaze.
- Play some putt-putt and ride go-carts at Malibu Jack’s indoor amusement park.
- Solve the mental puzzle and escape your room at Locked In: The Louisville Escape Game.
- Party with other like-minded folks at 4th Street Live!
- If you really want to make it a party, take a pole dancing class at Lady Kave.
For the Cultural Type
- Uptown Art or Board & Brush allow the opportunity to sip some vino while painting a masterpiece.
- Or, if you prefer to look at art instead of create it, check out some of Louisville’s top galleries or museums. We recommend the Speed Art Museum or KMAC.
- Book a tour at Old Forester and enjoy a libation on their rooftop terrace. Or, check out the entire Bourbon Trail.
- Take a cruise on The Belle of Louisville, offering brunch, lunch and dinner buffets.
- Come April, bet on some ponies at Churchill Downs.
Most bachelorette parties don’t come equipped with a designated driver, so it’s a better idea to think ahead about transportation. Other than Uber or Lyft, there are a few ways to get around the city. Rent a limo from R&R Limousine Service or veteran-owned 2 Vets and a Limo to ride in style. Want something a little more wild? Hop on a bus from Party Bus Louisville or Xtreme Transportation for a ride you won’t forget (or perhaps even remember …).
RELATED: A Local’s Guide to Louisville
WHERE TO STAY
There are plenty of great hotels and Airbnbs in Louisville, but if you’re looking to up the luxe factor for your big shindig, consider The Omni, The Galt House or The Seelbach. For a more playful, personality-packed option, check out 21C Museum Hotel, Aloft or Inn at Saint James Court. If you’re looking to stay in NULU — a great area for lots of bachelorette activities — we recommend the AC Hotel or Bed & Bike.
Cheers to a fun, safe and enjoyable bachelorette party!
Check out guides to all the amazing neighborhoods in Louisville. Click HERE!