Fighting words were laid down a few weeks ago when talking about the best pimento cheese out there. As an office, we all have our preferences and we are each resolute that our opinion is the correct one. For me, it has been the Palmetto Pimento Cheese with jalapenos. Let the pimento cheese battles begin! As we spoke back and forth, Ginny Staggs, StyleBlueprint’s Director of Sales, piped up, “My recipe is better. It’s the best one out there.” You could have heard a pin drop. Silence. Then, someone said, “Are you sure? That’s a pretty bold statement.” And with conviction, Ginny replied, “Oh, yes. I’m positive.”
Obviously a taste test was needed, and sure enough, the blue ribbon went to Ginny’s, the best pimento cheese recipe we’ve tried.
It’s with that prelude that StyleBlueprint presents what we feel is the best pimento cheese recipe yet. We’re pretty confident you will agree. It does contain some Velveeta cheese, so purists may object. But, serve it and just don’t tell anyone. Let their tastebuds decide for them!
The Best Pimento Cheese Recipe
- 12 oz (3 cups) shredded sharp cheddar
- 4 oz Velveeta, chopped into cubes
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons Duke's mayo
- 4 oz jar diced pimentos with juice
- 1¾ teaspoons green hot pepper sauce (homemade is best)
- 1 green onion, diced
- Combine first five ingredients on a platter and smash with a fork until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in hot pepper sauce and taste to see if you would like to add more.
- Mix in green onion.
- Variation: Some people prefer more green onion or some diced, seeded jalapeños. Consider these two things, or even some black pepper, as you customize to make your own 'best pimento cheese recipe.' From there, consider adding sliced green olives or toasted, chopped pecans. These variations can be special edition pimento cheese recipes from your kitchen to make hostess and holiday gifts!
Now that you have your pimento cheese, serve it with crackers, or add it to a charcuterie board, or serve it on a hamburger, or add it to a BLT. You could even melt some into an omelet!
Best of all, make some for friends. More than ever, we are appreciative for the friends we can rely on to lift our spirits; we’re filled with gratitude for small blessings. And, dropping off some homemade pimento cheese is a good way to show the love!
Happy weekend to you all,
The StyleBlueprint Team
Find more recipes in our archives, including The Ultimate Southern Sandwich, HERE.