Broccoli salad is just a good recipe to have on hand. This is one that you make a few times and it’s in your head to whip out whenever you need it. Equally at home on a winter table as it is at a summer picnic, this vegetable side dish lends itself to many menus. Try it with BBQ, fried fish, roasted chicken, or pork tenderloin. For vegetable lovers, it makes a filling meal for a quick lunch as well.
I typically buy broccoli already chopped up in a bag for convenience. But, buying some at a farmers’ market and chopping it up at home always tastes better. And, raw broccoli is significantly more nutritious than cooked broccoli, according to EatingWell.
So, broccoli lovers, here is another broccoli recipe to try and fall for! The added craisins and chopped pecans add a depth of flavor that will have you making this recipe time and time again. And, raw broccoli is so filling that you will be easily satisfied with this dish.
RECIPE: Delicious Broccoli Salad with Craisins and Pecans
Broccoli Salad with Craisins and Pecans
- 9 oz Broccoli florets Approximately 4 cups
- 1/2 cup Mayo I use Dukes or Veganaise
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar If keeping this vegan, skip this or use vegan shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 1/4 cup Diced onion You can also use green onions
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper Omit if you do not like any spice.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, except the salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
- If you like your broccoli salad more mayonnaisey, add 1/4 cup more at a time until it's as you like.
- Bacon lovers: crumbled bacon is amazing in this recipe!
Check out other broccoli recipes found on StyleBlueprint:
At StyleBlueprint, we obviously love our broccoli. If you have a broccoli recipe that you’d like for us to consider trying, photographing, and publishing here, let us know. Email Ashley Haugen at [email protected]