SB TIP: Keep reading today’s article for four casserole recipes. One is a new recipe, and three are favorites that we’ve featured before.
- Hash Browns and Ham Casserole
- Pancetta and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- French Toast Casserole with Orange Zest
- Yummy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
We hope any of these recipes help take any cooking stress out of Christmas morning!
Why has this December defeated so many of us? Whether it’s because of this year’s shorter time between Thanksgiving and Christmas or simply the way the stars were aligned, this has been a doozy of a month. If it hasn’t been for you, please share your tips with us … we are ready to learn.
But, this struggle has led to some good shortcuts in the kitchen, as noticed in two of our recent recipes, 3 New Ways to Serve Spinach Artichoke Dip and The Amazing 58-Layer No-Bake Crepe Cake, which both rely heavily on store-bought items. Today’s recipe, a hash brown breakfast casserole, is in this same vein of “when time is short” and how to still come away looking like you had it planned all along.
While there are three casserole recipes at the end of this article that are all meant to be made and chilled in the refrigerator overnight to bake in the morning, this main recipe is one that takes just 10 minutes to throw together. After that, place it in the oven for just under 90 minutes, and you will have deliciousness for all.
Enjoy, and if you are celebrating Christmas, Merry Christmas! From all of us at StyleBlueprint, we certainly hope it’s restful and peaceful.
- 1 package frozen hashbrowns (As Kroger is our recipe sponsor, I try lots of their house brands, and I can attest that their frozen hashbrowns are the ones to buy!)
- ½ container shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (SB TIP: In the Murray's cheese section of Kroger, there are bags of shredded cheese perfect for fondue, and it's a fontina/gruyere blend. Buying that makes this recipe even easier)
- 1½ cups thinly sliced Tuscan kale (collards or spinach would work well if you do not like kale)
- ½ pound deli ham, sliced into strips and then into two-inch sections
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp Lawry's (or your favorite salt blend)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ onion thinly sliced
- Mix all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, covered in foil. Take foil off and cook for 10 more minutes. Cook for 1-2 minutes at a broil to crisp the top.
Three other breakfast casseroles just in time for Christmas morning
Pancetta and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Made with day-old bread, lots of eggs, cheese and pancetta, this casserole is an elevated version of the old favorite egg, cheese and sausage breakfast casserole. See the recipe here (second recipe down).
French Toast Casserole with Orange Zest
I grew up eating Pillsbury orange rolls made out of the tube on Christmas morning, and it still brings back fond memories. This recipe, made with a large loaf of French bread from Panera, is a spin from that memory. See the full recipe here.
Yummy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
If you adhere to the Whole30 or Paleo diets, there is no reason to break the lifestyle on festive mornings, when casseroles like this one exist! This protein-rich casserole only has a few ingredients, and in less than an hour, you’ll be in breakfast heaven! See the recipe here.
Above all, enjoy your time and reflect on all the good things that make life special.
From all of us at StyleBlueprint, we wish you the warmest of holidays and cheer.
For more recipes, see our recipes archives here.