Chef Tandy Wilson
City House, Nashville, Tennessee
“This is a dish that reminds me of my childhood growing up. We always had cheesy grits and I always loved them. Now I get to continue that tradition.” — Chef Tandy Wilson
These cheesy grits are creamy and decadent.
- 1 qt grits soaked overnight and drained well
- 8 oz butter
- 10 oz buttermilk cheddar
- 10 oz montasio cheese
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the grits in 2 quarts water.
- Add the butter. Stir in the buttermilk cheddar and the montasio cheese. Fold in the four whisked eggs.
- Bake in a greased casserole dish for 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Tried this recipe?Rate it above to let us know how it was!
For the best of the South — straight to your inbox! — subscribe to our newsletter HERE!