In a world where fruit salsa typically means mango salsa, why not bring a new twist to the table? This quick salsa is surprising and so tasty. It showcases both blueberries and peaches, which typically overlap in their weeks of peak harvest in the summertime, at least in the South.
With just a few ingredients, this recipe is ready in no time. Serve with chips and guacamole, yes, but add some to a bbq sandwich, and WOW! In fact, you can take this recipe and toss it with some thinly sliced cabbage for a creative spin on coleslaw for that same bbq sandwich. You can even serve this salsa over pork tenderloin or salmon as well. Delicious!
Blueberry + Peach Salsa
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, roughly chopped
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced (1-3 tbs depending on your desire of heat)
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- Take the blueberries and roughly chop them. You won't get every single blueberry. That is okay. But, try to get about 2/3 of them.
- Chop up the peach. If you have time, peel the peach. If you don't, it's fine. Peaches come in different sizes, but about a cup of chopped peaches is great.
- Dice a quarter cup of red onion.
- Dice the jalapeño pepper. A small jalapeño is typically the perfect amount. Seeds and all.
- Grab a small handful of cilantro and chop. If you don't like cilantro, basil and mint are lovely here as well.
- Squeeze a juicy lime over the top and add some salt.
- Mix and serve!
If you love peaches (who doesn’t love peaches?!), here is another no-fail peach salsa recipe:
For more recipes, see our StyleBlueprint Recipe Library here.