Who doesn’t love salsa? This peach salsa brings the brightness of the season straight to your chip — or even your burger. We added some avocado to the salsa, but feel free to leave it out. Add some tomatoes, cucumber or pineapple. Yes, this salsa recipe can be improvised a number of ways … just look to your garden or your latest produce run for inspiration!
This salsa can, in all seriousness, be made in less than 10 minutes. This is the one where even if you come home tired from work, you can chop these ingredients up, mix them, open a bag of chips and a bottle of wine and relax. And, it’s so good you just may want to invite the neighbors over.
Peach Salsa with Avocado
On a whim, we added the salsa to some burgers, made with pepper jack cheese and bacon, and had a stellar meal. Add some corn on the cob and a side of Watermelon Strawberry Jicama Salad and dinner is served.
This salsa is quick to make, so if you can multi-task, consider first getting the burgers onto the grill and then prepping the salsa, stopping midway through to flip the burgers. In the time in takes to grill burgers, you can pull off this off and elevate the typical “burgers for dinner” expectation!
For additional creative dishes, consider adding this Peach Salsa with Avocado to grilled chicken sandwiches, mixing with mayonnaise and chicken for a fresh spin on chicken salad, adding to fish tacos or serving on top of grilled flank steak.
- 3 peaches, peeled and chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, diced
- ⅓ cup Simple Truth® fresh organic cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ t Simple Truth® organic minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Either peel peaches by scoring their skin and dunking in boiling water for 15-20 seconds, and peel skin, or cut the skin off with a knife.
- Remove pit and cut peaches into small pieces and place in a large bowl
- Dice up half of a red onion, add to the peaches.
- Dice up a small jalapeño pepper, seeds and stem removed. Add to the onions and peaches. SB Tip: Wear disposable gloves when cutting peppers.
- Cut avocado in half, remove the pit, slice the avocado into small bites while still in the skin of the fruit. Then, scoop out and place in bowl with the peaches.
- Chop up cilantro and add to the bowl.
- Juice the lime and add to the bowl, along with the minced garlic,
- Mix (easiest to do with your already gloved hands!)
- Salt to taste
We’re proud to partner with Kroger to create a series of easy-to-make, delicious recipes that you and your family will enjoy!