The South is home to some of the world’s best and brightest people — thoughtful, innovative, mindful, creative, productive. And when people share their thoughts and ideas … their voices, the opportunity to inspire the world becomes exponentially greater. It’s that notion that is the foundation for Southern Voices, StyleBlueprint’s platform where we invite people to share their life’s wisdom with our readers. Whether it’s a story about a life-changing event, an intriguing interaction or a recount of how a piece of advice given has served as a guiding light throughout someone’s life, everyone has a story to tell, and Southern Voices is your opportunity to share yours.
Stories can be light in nature (a comically funny morning that sums up motherhood?!) or deep (your first Thanksgiving without a loved one who has passed) or about your unique situation and how many can learn from it. Ideas are boundless, and we are looking for both men and women of all ages to contribute. While religion may factor in, we are looking to leave politics aside as much as possible. In today’s divisive world, where politics can be found at every opening of Facebook, StyleBlueprint will continue to be a place fighting for things that unite us, not for those that divide us.
Interested in submitting a piece for Southern Voices? We would love that! Here are the submission guidelines to keep in mind. Any submission that doesn’t adhere to the submission guidelines will not be considered. Here’s what you need to know:
- Submissions should be between 650-1,200 words.
- Submissions must be original works that have not been published anywhere else.
- No formal writing degree or experience is required for submission.
- Please do not format your work — we’ll take care of all that.
- Promotional pieces will not be considered.
- Please include a brief bio of no more than 50 words about yourself with no more than two links.
- Pieces with foul language and questionable content will not be considered.
- And lastly, if your work is published, we will give you a heads up so you can keep an eye out and share the great news.
We are excited to be a platform for others to share their voices. We look forward to hearing from you!