Located just a few blocks south of downtown Nashville, the Wedgewood-Houston neighborhood — often referred to as “WeHo” — has become one of the hottest neighborhoods in the city, showing consistent growth month after month. The converted factories and warehouses in Wedgewood-Houston are home to some of Nashville’s most artistic endeavors, and its dining and cocktail scene makes it a desirable spot for locals and visitors alike. Read on for the highlights — where to eat, drink, shop, and explore in Wedgewood-Houston!
Or, use these links to skip straight to the category you’re looking for:
- Dozen Bakery is an essential Nashville stop featuring baked goods, salads, and sandwiches. It’s a MUST if you’re in the area.
- Bastion offers a sit-down culinary adventure Wednesday through Saturday nights. The 24-seat restaurant in Houston Station offers a new pre-set, multi-course meal at each dinner service.
- The Loading Dock is a breakfast, lunch, and coffee spot supporting all things local, from locally roasted coffee to the art hanging on the walls.
- Earnest Bar & Hideaway’s menu promises elevated classics with a Southern twist, like shrimp and grits, Korean fried chicken, and some serious steaks.
- Dicey’s Tavern specializes in “party cut” pizzas — thin crust, cut into squares, perfect for sharing.
- Gabby’s Burgers and Fries is an iconic destination for burgers, fries, and milkshakes. Order all three and enjoy them on the patio!
- E+ROSE Wellness Company serves up fresh juices, smoothie bowls, and salads.
- Pink Door Cookies offers a wide variety of cookie flavors, from classics like chocolate chip to over-the-top new faves like frosted cotton candy.
- Il Forno serves Italian favorites, including wood-fired pizzas, elevated salads, and pasta — a great date night spot!
- Present Tense is now open on the ground floor of the Placemakr building, offering elevated Asian cuisine like squid ink noodles, pork collar tonkatsu, yakitori, and a raw bar with oysters, scallops, and more.
- As the name suggests, Wedge Pizza & Pub is a brand-new addition to the neighborhood, offering yummy pizzas and an impressive beer list!
- HERO is the neighborhood’s newest haunt as of August 2023 — the brainchild of Chef Wil Drake. His memorable brioche doughnuts started it all, and now the menu has expanded to include breakfast plates, specialty coffee, burgers, sandwiches, salads, and more.
Whether you’re looking for a caffeine fix or a spot to catch up with friends over cocktails, the Wedgewood-Houston area is brimming with locally-owned spots to grab a drink. We’ve grouped them into three categories — coffee shops, cocktail bars, and craft breweries and distilleries.
- Humphrey’s Street Coffee is located in a charming old house on — you guessed it — Humphrey’s Street. They offer coffee and handcrafted soaps, with 100% of their proceeds going toward programs for empowering South Nashville youth.
- Crest Coffee House is Nashville’s first and only donation-based coffee shop, offering all the classics.
- Soho House is a members-only club, but its coffee bar and outdoor alley area are open to the public!
- Flamingo Cocktail Club is a trendy spot with a large patio, perfect for celebrating good weather with a cocktail. This is also a great late-night spot if you’re in the mood to dance.
- Americano Lounge actually serves both coffee and cocktails throughout the day, which is great for fueling up or winding down.
- Bastion’s Big Bar is a popular destination for cocktails — and their barbecue nachos are the stuff of legends.
- Never Never sits on the corner of Fourth and Houston, offering cocktails and nachos into the wee hours. If the weather’s nice, you can’t beat their patio!
- Lucky’s 3 Star is a laid-back neighborhood bar with billiards and a menu of serious bar snacks — loaded hot dogs, pizza, frito pie, nachos, and sandwiches.
- Santa’s Pub is Nashville’s most-famous double-wide. A cash-only dive bar serving up cold beer and karaoke, Santa’s is always a good time. And yes, the owner looks a lot like Santa Claus.
- pH Craft, true to its name, offers craft cocktails, mixology classes, and comforting snacks like sliders and charcuterie to wash them down.
- Good Times Full Service is the newest addition to Wedgewood-Houston’s bar scene, complete with retro decor, tiki-inspired cocktails, and a small but mighty food menu featuring a mouthwatering burger.
Craft Beer + Cider + Distilleries
- Jackalope Brewing Company’s The Ranch is open Tuesday through Sunday. It serves 16 original beers on tap, has a dog-friendly patio with shuffleboard, and offers brewery tours and more, making it a fun spot for locals and visitors alike.
- Nashville Craft offers up spirits like Crane City Gin, Nashville Honey, and Naked Biscuit Sorghum. Try them all in the tasting room, or take a full distillery tour!
- Corsair Distillery produces creative and adventurous spirits — from whiskey to gin to absinthe. Corsair’s headquarters in Wedgewood-Houston offers distillery tours, cocktail classes, tastings, and more.
- Diskin Cider is the move if you’re more of a cider drinker. The cider is naturally gluten-free, but they also serve a handful of beers and handcrafted cocktails.
- Killjoy is “Nashville’s first booze-free beverage shop,” offering over 30 types of alcohol-free wines (including sparkling, rosé, and red), you can find a selection of non-alcoholic spirits, products with CBD, and more.
SHOP + EXPLORE
As if eating and drinking your way through the neighborhood wasn’t enough, there are countless fun ways to explore the area, including shopping, axe-throwing, and an impressive variety of art galleries.
Retail + Design
- Nashville Design Collective is home to 13 stunning showrooms, displaying everything from custom tile work to luxury furniture and linens.
- Houston Station houses various local restaurants, retail, yoga, hair studios, and fabulous interior designers like Sara Ray Interiors.
- Track One is another multi-use building housing businesses like Hip Hues, where you can learn to screen print your own t-shirts, and local jewelry shop Freshie & Zero.
- High Note Gifts is your solution to all things gift-giving, offering beautifully packaged gift baskets filled with Nashville-based products from Bongo Java coffee to The Nashville Jam Co.’s famous jams.
- Schumacher is a Nashville go-to for home design, offering both a boutique and showroom.
Art Galleries + WEHO Art Crawl
- Merritt Mansion is a historic mansion, recently under new ownership. The first iteration of the estate’s new life is a mystical art gallery by local artist and tastemaker Clarence Edward.
- If it’s art you’re after, you’re in the right place. Wedgewood-Houston is well-known as a haven for artists in the city, and the WEHO Art Crawl on the first Saturday of each month is the best way to see it all. Start at 516 Hagan Street to step into David Lusk Gallery and Zeitgeist, and continue through all 12 fantastic galleries for a taste of the art scene in Wedgewood-Houston. Find the list of all 18 galleries here.
Sports + Entertainment
- GEODIS Park is home to Nashville Soccer Club and just began hosting concerts, too, with Shania Twain’s “Queen of Me” tour as the inaugural show in June 2023.
- Wedgewood-Houston Farmers’ Market takes place every Wednesday from May 3 to November 1, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., featuring local food, drink, crafts, and more.
- Flying Axes offers a safe, competitive space to hone your axe-throwing skills and compete with friends or family.
- Nashville Repertory Theatre, a premier regional theater company, produces fabulous performances, educational events, and workshops.
- Fair Dog Park on Bransford Avenue is a great spot to let your pups get their zoomies out!
Beyond a host of great Airbnb-style rentals in the area, the neighborhood boasts two hotel options.
- Placemakr recently moved into the building at the corner of Hart Street and 4th Avenue South, formerly occupied by BentoLiving.
- Soho House is a members’ club with 39 locations around the world. The Nashville House is one of the few locations that allows non-members to book hotel rooms. With a hotel reservation, you can enjoy the club restaurant and many other amenities typically only available to members!
Wedgewood-Houston is packed to the brim with creatives — from restaurateurs and mixologists to artists, actors, and forward-thinkers. Take a day or two to explore and appreciate the growth this area has enjoyed over the last several years!
To stay in the know on the best of Nashville, subscribe to our daily emails!