Savory Seafood Cheesecake
Chef Alyssa Holliday, Le Jardin – Gourmet to Go
Alyssa’s family moved to Memphis from St. Augustine, FL, and has made this savory cheesecake full of fresh seafood for several generations. Following in her family tradition, she makes it for the holidays. And lucky for us, it also appears on the menu at Le Jardin for special occasions. “This is my favorite as it is a win-win for any crowd,” she says.
- Butter, for greasing the pan
- 1 pack of butter crackers, crumbled
- 4 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- ½ log of goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- ½ pound boiled shrimp
- 1/3 pound lump crab, chopped
- 1/3 pound crawfish tails
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cajun seasoning
- Old Bay seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan, and mash down the cracker crumbles with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, goat cheese and eggs until well-combined. Add the shrimp, crab, crawfish and green onions and stir to combine. Season to taste with the Cajun and Old Bay seasonings. (Remember both seasonings contain salt.)
- Pour the mixture into the pan over the crackers. Wrap the base of the pan with a piece of aluminum foil and place in a baking dish. Pour ½ cup of water in base of dish to help moisturize the cheesecake during baking.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until browned to your liking. Remove from the pan after it has cooled about 10 minutes. Transfer to your favorite serving dish along with crostini or crackers to serve as a spread.
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!