Executive Chef Andreas Kisler, The Peabody Hotel
This hazelnut brittle is the perfect dessert garnish for the holidays. “This recipe is one that my family made back in Austria when I was a child,” says Andreas who started working in restaurants when he was 15 years old. Andreas’ family served it with a praline parfait during the holidays. We think it sounds like a great snack too!
- Sugar and water in equal parts
- Hazelnuts, roasted in oven and peeled
- Coarsely chop the peeled hazelnuts.
- Put the sugar in a pot. Add water until the texture of wet sand is reached.
- Turn on high heat and let melt and brown a little (until a caramel color).
- Stir in chopped hazelnuts and spread the mixture onto a Silpat immediately.
- Cover with another Silpat and let dry.
- When cooled, break into pieces to use for garnish.
Find more holiday recipes from local chefs here!