If the best way to your love’s heart is through the stomach, we have you covered! With these three incredibly delicious recipes, your Valentine’s Day is sure to be a dream come true. Start off with a flavorful twist on a classic bruschetta, then indulge in a decadent five-cheese Alfredo pasta, and finish it all off with the sexiest dessert ever: The Next Best Thing to George Clooney.
Bruschetta with a Twist
Bruschetta is an Italian classic, but with our secret ingredient, it’s sure to become a go-to appetizer. Our secret ingredient is a Tuscan herb olive oil that gives the bruschetta a flavorful kick. The best part? It’s super-easy to make!
- 8 pieces crostini
- 1/2 red tomato, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Tuscan herb olive oil
- 1 teaspoon semi-dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon semi dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic reduction, to garnish
- Parsley or basil, to garnish (optional)
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil or butter to a pan and toast the crostini until golden on each side.
- While the crostini is cooking, combine tomato,Tuscan herb olive oil, parsley and basil in a bowl; stir together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place crostini on a serving plate, then spoon on about 1 teaspoon of the tomato mixture onto each piece. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and garnish with extra parsley or basil, if desired.
Five-Cheese Alfredo Pasta
Savory cheeses come together in creamy perfection atop al dente noodles in this unforgettable dish. It’s hard to describe how it feels to take a bite of this magically cheesy Alfredo sauce. It’s so decadent and rich, your love is bound to be extremely impressed.
- 6-8 oz. of pasta of choice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded "creamy melt" mozzarella
- 1 oz. Brie
- 1 oz. smoked Gouda
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Semi-dried parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta, according to package directions, until al dente. Once cooked, drain past in a colander and return pot to the stove.
- Over medium heat, melt butter. Add in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in room-temperature cream cheese in small pieces so it melts easier. Slowly add in the mozzarella after the cream cheese has fully melted. Next, stir in the Brie in small pieces and combine completely before adding in the smoked Gouda in the same way. Once these four cheese are well combined, add in 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. If the sauce is too thick, gradually add more heavy cream. If the sauce is too runny, add in more Parmesan. Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, depending on personal preference. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to the sauce, coating it thoroughly. Add the pasta to two plates and garnish with semi-dried parsley and pepper.
The Next Best Thing to George Clooney
Originally titled “The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford,” this is an old classic family recipe. And while Robert Redford is a hunk, we decided to give this mouthwatering dessert a 2019-appropriate name update. This indulgent dessert is the perfect way to end a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 tablespoons sugar, divided (substitute Stevia to make this Keto-friendly!)
- 2 packages cream cheese, brought to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- Chocolate shavings, to garnish
- Add 1 cup of almond flour to a bowl along with 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you like it) and melted butter. Stir to combine, then split, adding the mixture to the bottom of 2 wine glasses or 2 mason jars.
- Add 1 package of cream cheese to a bowl along with 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you like it) and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to combine. Gradually add in 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream until a light, creamy texture is achieved. Split the vanilla cream cheese mixture in half and carefully add it on top of the almond-butter mixture, smoothing out the top of your new layers. Try not to let your spoon hit the sides of the glass to make sure you clearly see the pretty layers through the glass.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts or pecans on top of each mixture.
- Using the same bowl (no need to wash it out), add the second package of cream cheese along with 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar (again, depending on how sweet you like it) and cocoa powder. Mix it all together with a hand mixer, and gradually add in 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream until you get a nice, creamy consistency. Split the chocolate cream cheese mixture, adding it to each glass.
- Wash out your bowl, then add 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar to the bowl. Using a hand mixer, combine thoroughly until you get a deliciously thick whipped cream.
- Split the whipped cream and add it on top of the chocolate cream cheese layer, smoothing it out.
- Add the chocolate shavings on top of each mixture. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, serve and enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!
Still hungry? Then take a spin around our recipe archives. Click HERE.