This recipe, which comes from Katie Strickland of Katie’s Plates, is part of our “Back to the Table” SB Challenge, where, for three weeks, we feature seven recipes each Sunday and challenge our readers to gather around a home-cooked meal each night. With a food and nutrition degree from Mississippi State University, Katie has realized her passion for sharing healthy and delicious food with those whose busy lifestyles stand in the way of prepping a nutritious dinner. As a nanny, she began prepping healthy dinners for the pickiest of eaters – and they loved them! From there, Katie launched Katie’s Plates, where she creates menus filled with gourmet healthy meals to be delivered to the residents of Nashville, Birmingham and Jacksonville, FL.
Salmon, one of our favorite nutrient-packed foods, is a delicious dinnertime favorite, but we’re always looking for a way to spice it up! Enter: Katie’s teriyaki glaze and sriracha cream sauce. The two together are an ideal blend of sweet and spicy that is balanced seamlessly with some veggie sides or a small salad.
Recipe: Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
- 1 TBSP arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos soy sauce substitute
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP honey
- 4 5 oz salmon filets
Sriracha “Cream” Sauce
- 1/2 cup paleo-friendly mayo
- 3 TBSP Sriracha
- 1 1/2 TBSP coconut milk
- Whisk together arrowroot powder and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together coconut aminos, coconut sugar, ground ginger, garlic powder, honey, and 1 cup water to a small saucepan over MEDIUM. Bring to a simmer. Stir in arrowroot powder mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Let cool to room temperature. Add marinade and salmon filets to a large bowl and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F and add salmon filets, skin-side down, to a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together mayo, Sriracha, and coconut milk in a small bowl and serve with salmon.
For more Katie’s Plates recipes that are part of this challenge, see the recipes below in “More Articles You’ll Love.”