This recipe comes to us from Robert St. John’s newest cookbook, Mississippi Mornings: Deep South Breakfasts, Brunches, and Musings.
Praisin' Raisin Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugars, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, butter, and pumpkin puree.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, being careful not to overmix. Fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and fill 3⁄4 of the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from the muffin tins. Once completely cool, store in an airtight container.
Photography by Kate Dearman
For recipes, entertaining ideas, home decor tips, and more — subscribe to our daily emails!