Looking for a cool treat this summer? This creamy, savory and sweet treat uses the quintessential summer veggie — CORN! — to offer up a delicious end to a summer meal. This sweetcorn gelato recipe comes from our friends at Nicky’s Coal Fired.
Nicky's Coal Fired Sweetcorn Gelato
- 4 2/3 cups whole milk
- Kernels from 6 ears of corn
- 4 1/4 cups corn milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk powder
- 10 egg yolks
To make corn milk:
- Heat milk and corn together until steaming.
- Blend with a stick blender to infuse, cool, and allow to steep overnight in fridge.
- Heat corn milk and cream until steaming.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Add that to the liquid and heat to steaming.
- Whisk a couple cups of liquid into egg yolks to temper them, and whisk egg mixture back into the base.
- Over medium heat, while constantly, slowly, whisking along the bottom of the pot, use thermometer and bring gelato base to 185 degrees.
- Strain through a fine sieve and cool quickly.
- Allow to sit overnight.
- Churn in ice cream machine.
Find more delicious recipes in our archives. Click HERE!