Carrots are in season and so is basil. Keep your sides simple on your July 4th buffet by combining just these two farm-fresh ingredients for maximum flavor. This side goes perfectly with grilled meats or even fried chicken.
- 1 pound carrots peeled and sliced, or 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Dash of pepper
- Cook the carrots in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain. Remove to a serving bowl.
- Whisk the melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic salt in a bowl.
- Drizzle over the carrots.
- Sprinkle with the basil and pepper.
- Note: This is a perfect side dish for pork tenderloin or chicken.