Do the happy dance as it’s peach season! YAY! YAY! YAY! We’ve already seen the Peach Truck a few times, and after warnings of a poor peach season (with the late season freeze), we have to say that we were worried. But, we’ve been sampling amazing peaches from Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama and they are all everything we would want. Being on a peach high while making a BLT recently, I suddenly thought, why not put peaches ON the BLT? So I did, to great reward, earning two thumbs up from the test crew (yes, my family), and here it is for you today.
(I’ve also included FIVE more recipes featuring peaches at the end of this article, so get ready to be hungry.)
I ran by Kroger to get our bread of choice, Wholesome Harvest 9 Grain & Seed (available in the bakery section), as well as some Duke’s mayonnaise, as I was out and it’s the best mayo on the market. Don’t argue with me on this point as it’s just a fact. I added a little Sriracha to the mayonnaise to make a spicy rendition for this sandwich and it was delicious (yes, I did eat some on a chip … I couldn’t help myself!).
I think this would be delicious wrapped in a flour tortilla or made into a salad. The dressing I would use is this jalapeno ranch dressing. However this recipes inspires you, we’re sure it will be delicious!
To make this sandwich, you will need the following:
- 4 pieces of Wholesome 9 Grain & Seed Bread, available at Kroger, or your bread of choice
- One ripe tomato, cut into thin round slices
- 1/2 avocado, pitted. Slice into slices, without the skin
- One peach, grilled or not. Cut into slices.
- 4-6 slices of thick sliced bacon, cooked
- Several leaves of lettuce of choice
- 2 tablespoons of Duke's mayonnaise blended with Sriracha hot sauce (add a few drops at a time until you like the amount of spice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the bread.
- Place mayo on one side of both pieces of bread.
- On one piece of bread layer lettuce, tomatoes and bacon.
- On the other piece of bread, layer avocado and peaches.
- Salt and pepper the tops and then place together into one sandwich.
- Cut in half and serve! YUM!
With all the fresh peaches coming in, you need to buy them by the bushel. When you are wondering what to do with all of them, here are five additional peach recipes, each as good as the next!
Now, go buy some peaches!!!