When it comes to July 4th, we have some really fabulous recipes for you. These are all tested and given a thumbs way up from each of us, as we all like to relax, eat and drink on Independence Day, just like everyone else. These are proven winners!
Easy July 4th Recipes
To start with, we have two new recipes for a festive punch. We turned to our friends at RED Spirits & Wine for a pair of recipes that are both easy to make and are served by the pitcher or the punch bowl, giving you more time to grill, talk and relax. We’ve tried them both and had a little too much … but we didn’t need to drive anywhere! Super tasty.
GRAND OLE FLAG
- 24 ounces Four Roses bourbon
- 12 ounces blackberry brandy
- 8 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces water
- 6 ounces simple syrup You can make this easily with a 1:1 ratio of water to sugar. You can bring to a boil and cool. If you make it with powered sugar, it's super fast to get your syrup, as the powered sugar dissolves so quickly.
- 4 cups of ice
- Blueberries for garnish
- Red wine
- Mix all of the ingredients in a punch bowl.
- Pour into cups filled with ice.
- Float 1 ounce of red wine on top
- Blueberry garnish (Put 3 or 4 blueberries on each toothpick and then take two toothpicks, with blueberries on them, and poke them together into one long garnish. You can be more festive by using those flag toothpicks!)
- NOTE: Because this cocktail is stronger, you'll need more ice and less volume to keep your guests in line! Very tasty.
INDEPENDENCE DAY PUNCH
- 1 bottle 750 ml white rum
- 1 bottle 750 ml gold rum
- 4 ounces grenadine
- 2 ounces Rose's lime juice
- 16 ounces pineapple juice
- 16 ounces orange juice
- 8 cups of ice
- Top with one bottle of Prosecco
- Orange slices for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients except the Prosecco in a pitcher or punch bowl. Add a bottle of Prosecco. Garnish each glass with an orange slice.
Here are three appetizers that are some of our favorites from throughout the past six years at StyleBlueprint.
Some people just want the sides and bypass the ribs, burgers and chicken. If this is you, any of these makes an amazing main course. For others, each works well with traditional July 4 fare.
Whether you want to grill, bake or fry, these recipes are all write-to-your-mama fabulous!
These two desserts are easy and make an all-American ending to the day’s meal.
Now, go enjoy yourself!
For further inspiration, check out our StyleBlueprint Pinterest Red, White & Blue board!