When you’re traveling or on days when you simply can’t get to the gym, it’s wonderful to have a total-body workout that you can do anywhere at any time. This 15-minute workout, created by Laura Lee Gilliland of Iron Tribe, is the answer to our prayers. Requiring no equipment, this is a routine you can do just about anywhere. Each of the three moves stimulates cardio while targeting legs, core and upper body. Laura Lee walked us through each move, and Nashville artist Tess Erlenborn illustrated the workouts. And sorry, but the I-don’t-have-time excuse just won’t work here!
Each of these moves calls for three sets with 30 reps, then 20 reps and then 10 reps. Before you get started, though, keep this expert tip from Laura Lee in mind: “For your first set of 30, don’t go too fast out of the gate because you still have 30 more reps of each move after that. Pace yourself through the workout, and increase speed the next time around.”
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, and put your weight on your heels.
- Send hips back and sit as low as you can. Hip crease should be below knee.
- Keep chest up and arms extended to maintain balance.
30/20/10 (for time)
- Start by laying all the way down.
- Put your arms behind you.
- Throw your arms to create momentum.
- Come to a vertical position.
- Bring chest down to touch the floor (can get down via knees if need be).
- Jump your feet back and bring yourself to a plank position.
- Jump to standing and clap hands behind your head.
Enjoy your no-excuses workout!
Be sure to download the free SB App and get access to all of the best restaurants, shopping, events, articles and more!