Nothing pleased us more than to be featured in Nashville Lifestyle Magazine this month. The article captures some highlights from a recent lunch with StyleBlueprint associates and friends who gathered to celebrate the onset of summer. It was a gorgeous day (so much more delightful than our current July soaring temps), and we were entertained royally by some of Nashville’s top-shelf party planners. We hope you’ll grab a copy of the magazine and read all about why we think taking time to have lunch with friends is worth the effort. Today, we’re going to share a little behind-the-scenes about the delightful, talented people who made it all happen as well as the recipe to the incredible corn salad served!
Libby Page hosted us for lunch in her beautiful Richland-Central home. Her skills as event planner extraordinaire were evident everywhere, from the cut flowers, fresh from the garden, the memorable chilled rosé, unusual appetizers and a simply gorgeous table setting.
Libby’s other half, Ben Page, wasn’t there, but his presence was felt in every corner of the garden. Ben’s reputation as one of Nashville’s premiere landscape architects speaks for itself, and if you don’t believe me, then pick up a copy of this month’s Elle Decor. What struck me was the harmony of his garden–all the plantings, while great individually, played off of each other to create an unforgettable symphony of colors.
Ashley Hylbert, StyleBlueprint’s ace photographer, captured the meal beautifully. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more beautiful appetizer than the hibiscus flower and goat cheese – so vibrant are her pictures!
Dani Kates stole the show with a delicious lunch of roasted salmon, corn salad and tossed greens. Since everyone begged for the corn recipe, we twisted Dani’s arm until she cried,”uncle” and sent it to us.
Of course, the entire afternoon seemed effortless (it wasn’t), but the moral of this luncheon goes something like this:
- Use the best quality ingredients available.
- Create a feel for your party that is authentic – mix up your silver, use your favorite china and don’t be afraid to be adventurous with your menu selection.
- Share your recipes – spread the love and it’ll come back to you in spades!
Thanks Dani, for sharing this incredible corn recipe. We promise to only share it with about 10,000 of our favorite StyleBlueprint buddies.
What goes around, comes around! So, add a luncheon just for friends to your future and be paid back with joy of your fabulous company!
Dani Kates' Corn Salad
- 6 ears corn cooked, taken off cobb
- 1 pint baby heirloom tomatoes cut in half
- 2 avocados cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 T chopped basil
- 2 T chopped mint
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette or champagne vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring at least 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Place corn in pot and boil about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove corn from pot to cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from the corn cob with sharp knife.
- Place cut corn in serving bowl along with the remaining 5 ingredients and toss with vinaigrette.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.