I’m a good cook. Not to toot my own horn, but I’ve been cooking for a very long time. In fact, I’ve been cooking family meals since I was in the fifth grade. I’ve owned a restaurant. I’ve catered parties up to 150. So, I’m confident in the kitchen. All this to say, when I made this super simple recipe for my family, my husband of 18 years said, “This may be the best thing you’ve ever cooked.” At that point, I decided not to think about so many previous meals that took me hours to make. This recipe has only four ingredients, takes five minutes of prep time and then cooks for 25 minutes. That’s it.
For some background, I did make this a few times, and I found that the Kroger brand peppercorn-seasoned pork tenderloin was hands down the best for this. It made for the juiciest, most flavorful end result.
For a mid-week meal that is also fancy enough for a dinner party or holiday meal, this is your recipe.
Italian Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Peppercorn marinated pork tenderloins
- 1 package of Hemisfares lightly smoked dry cured ham
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Private Selection Italian Seasoning
- Preheat over to 425.
- Butterfly both pork tenderloins. Sprinkle the Italian Seasoning over the pork. Layer each with 3-4 slices of the smoked cured ham. Add some more Italian Seasoning over the layered cured ham and provolone cheese. Fold the pork back over so that the cured ham and cheese are sandwiched between the two layers of pork tenderloin. Bake for 25 minutes.
I know, it’s hard to believe something this easy can be so tasty, but it is. Enjoy!
We have many more recipes waiting for you in StyleBlueprint’s Recipe Collection.