Shopping at a trunk show in someone’s home has its own kind of appeal–a small collection of wares, most often only available through a local rep, presented among friends, usually with a glass of wine á la girls’ night out. In addition to the great boutiques and departments stores that are permanent fixtures on the retail landscape, all of our SB cities offer a full complement of trunk shows throughout the year, as well. Today, we’re sharing a list– our guide, if you will–of ones we know you’ll love and want to know about. Note: To find out more about each show, or to contact your local rep, click on the website at the end of each listing:
An acronym for Carol Anderson By Invitation, CAbi is a women’s ready-to-wear line known for affordable luxury and easy mix-and-match separates. Great for everyday. www.cabionline.com
- Tuesday, November 12th 5:30pm-8:30pm , a Trunk Show at 9221 Springbrooke Circle Louisville, KY 40241. Please RSVP to Krista Rigling at 502-724-0176.
- Saturday, November 30th 11am-2pm , a special PINK SATURDAY Trunk Show at 9221 Springbrooke Circle Louisville, KY 40241 (NO RSVP)
- Tuesday, December 17th 6pm-9pm – SAMPLE SALE (50% off Fall/Winter Collection) at Blades Hair Salon at 132 Chenoweth Lane Louisville, KY 40207 (NO RSVP)
This is a luxury women’s clothing line, and their website describes their product to a “t”: “Carlisle produces couture dresses, suits, separates and accessories with a sense of classic style that is modern yet appropriate for any professional or social occasion.” Timeless investment pieces.Visit their site here: www.carlislecollection.com
Doncaster has been in business for over 75 years and is a luxury women’s clothing designer. www.doncaster.com
On November 13-19, there is a Spring Preview of our new Spring Collection November 13- 19. Choose your Derby outfit early! They also showcase and sell jewelry by Christina Jervey as promoted by the top magazine “Garden and Gun.” The Doncaster studio is located at 105 St. Matthews Avenue.
Etcetera has cultivated a reputation as a chic, everyday lifestyle brand for women on the go by creating exquisite clothing held to couture-level design standards. As the “little sister” line to Carlisle, expect gorgeous designs at a more accessible price point. www.etcetera.com
J. Hilburn offers men’s custom shirts, personalized suits and sport coats, made-to-measure trousers, and formal wear, as well as a complete collection of ready-to-wear clothing such as sweaters, polo shirts, t-shirts, outerwear, AG Jeans, and accessories. www.jhilburn.com
- November 15 at Our Lady of Lourdes. RSVP to Sara Riley at 553-4347.
Nerium is a skincare line which treats fine lines, wrinkles, discolorations, aging skin, enlarged pores and uneven skin texture. www.nerium.com
- Events at each Wednesday at Crabtree Dermatology at 6:30 p.m. Crabtree Dermatology is located at 2005 Lake Point Way. Contact Wendy Fryman at 931-1788 for more information.
- Wednesday October 30 from 6:30 pm to 8:00 p.m. at 7206 Hunters Run Drive. RSVP to Beth Robertson at 552-8346.
- Wine and Wrinkles event on November 12 at 6:30 p.m. at 17403 Streamside Place. RSVP to Tina Besemann at 264-1694.
Rodan + Fields
This is a skincare line developed by the dermatologists who brought us ProActive products. With the amount of rep’s updating their FB profiles, we know there are many who love these products. From the Rodan and Fields website,”… patent-pending MACRO Exfoliator™ and AMP MD™ System* make real results possible at home without injections or other invasive procedures.” www.rodanandfields.com
- On November 21, there will be a “Lunch and Learn” about this skincare line at The Legacy Hotel at 2825 Lexington Road. Please RSVP to Julie Waldrop at 502-457-1190.
Based in Nashville, these custom-made skirts are beautiful and with over 200 fabrics to choose from, you can buy one for each season. You can peruse the skirts and order online at their website here: www.sevierskirts.com
- There will be a trunk show on November 7 from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at 2107 Lauderdale Road.
Stella & Dot
This is a jewelry line that is for the modern woman, affordable and accessible. www.stelladot.com
- October 30 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., there is a trunk show at 7206 Hunters Run Drive. RSVP to Beth Robertson at 552-8346.
- November 9, there is an in home show hosted by Heather Sparks. Location is 1502 Grandin Woods Court.
W by Worth
Worth is a high-end women’s clothing line offering everything from casual to cocktail. “Modern, luxurious and alluring” is their tagline, and their signature brand boasts impeccably-made designs that are intended to be worn for many seasons. W by Worth also offers the expected luxurious style of their premiere line at a more accessible price point.
- There will be a fall and winter sample sale for W by Worth with clothing marked 50% off, on Wednesday November 20 through Friday, November 22 at 2524 Glenmary Triangle. Contact is Patty Browning at [email protected].
Happy shopping ladies and enjoy avoiding the mall this time of year.
And, if you don’t see your trunk show, be sure to let us know so we can include your information in the future! To send us information about your home trunk show, please click here.