Welcome to Fayetteville, home of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks! If you’re in town to catch a game, here’s what you need to know about where to eat, sleep and tailgate. First, a few stats:
- SEC Team: University of Arkansas Razorbacks
- Coach: Sam Pittman
- Stadium: Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
- Fun fact: Before 1909, the University of Arkansas mascot was a cardinal.
Where to Stay in Fayetteville
You’re in luck! Fayetteville has no shortage of places to stay — including these three options, with particularly charming ties to the town and university.
Inn at Carnall Hall
465 Arkansas Avenue, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 582-0400
Inn at Carnall Hall has strong ties to the University of Arkansas, both in history and location. Once a women’s dorm, this hotel is situated with beautiful views of campus that can be enjoyed from a rocking chair on the inn’s expansive porch.
Dickson Street Inn
301 West Dickson Street, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 695-2100
Located in the heart of Fayetteville, Dickson Street Inn once was an old family home — and it’s located in the bustling business district.
70 North East Avenue, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701 • (479) 442-5555
The Graduate Fayetteville is just a brief walk from the university. Plus, football fans will appreciate the decor that pays subtle tribute to the Razorbacks (perhaps less so if you’re in town to support the opposing team).
Where to Eat in Fayetteville
If you’re looking for a tasty bite to eat ahead of the game, or perhaps items to pick up for your tailgate (including adult beverages, of course), here are some of your best bets located close to campus.
Grub’s Bar & Grille
220 North West Avenue, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 973-4782
Grub’s Bar & Grille has a little bit of everything, so you can go with a large group, and there’s bound to be something for everyone.
Little Bread Company
116 North Block Avenue, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 527-0622
Little Bread Company is Fayetteville’s artisan café that bakes homemade bread and pastries. You can eat at the café, grab sandwiches to go, or just pick up fresh loaves to serve with your game day spread.
Mango’s Gourmet Taco Shop
2050 M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 301-2793
Mango’s Gourmet Taco Shop is an old-fashioned drive-thru, making the charming atmosphere almost as much of a draw as the food.
Penguin Ed’s Bar-B-Que
230 South East Avenue, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 521-3663
If you’re in the mood for a little BBQ, Penguin Ed’s Bar-B-Que has the best Fayetteville has to offer!
The Farmer’s Table Cafe
1079 South School Avenue, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 966-4125
Fueling up for the day’s festivities? The Farmer’s Table Cafe is a breakfast and lunch spot that serves dishes starring fresh, locally sourced produce in a homey, cottage-like setting.
Dickson Street Liquor
241 West Dickson Street, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 443-5432
If you’re in a hurry, hit up Dickson Street Liquor‘s drive-thru for your tailgating needs!
Bars in Fayetteville
If you’re in the market for a pre- or post-game drink, here are a few hotspots to check out — equally well-suited to celebrating or drowning your sorrows.
Cannibal & Craft
212 West Dickson Street, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 466-1212
Named after a Caribbean beach bar, Cannibal & Craft offers handcrafted cocktails in a laid-back lounge environment.
416 West Dickson Street, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 933-3306
True to its name, Infusion Bar serves up quite the cocktail selection, but crowds also come for the karaoke!
112 West Center, Ste. B001, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 313-7758
If you’re looking for a more elevated experience, pay a visit to Vault, the Fayetteville craft cocktail bar known for its bourbon-based drinks.
339 North West Avenue, Fayetteville, AR 72701 • (479) 445-6805
West End is a great spot to hang out after the big game, as it’s open until 2 a.m. Monday through Saturday. Be sure to check their social media to see if they’re offering any drink specials during your visit.
Where to Tailgate for University of Arkansas Games
- The fraternities set up tents along the hills outside the stadium, and setting up tents in green spaces or parking lots surrounding the football stadium is also common.
- The AT&T Fan Zone at The Gardens is a great area for families. It’s free to the public, and it always has the games on display.
- Gazebos in The Gardens: There are five covered gazebos in this area available for rent, so you need to book yours early. They are a great option if you’re tailgating with a big group, and 50 tickets to the game are also included with a gazebo reservation.
- Individual tailgating in The Gardens: If you choose this option, you may need to think about it way ahead of time, because they’re sold out each season, but you can call (479) 575-5151 to be put on a waiting list.
- Intents Party Rentals: Situated right by campus, Victory Village is an ideal tailgating spot. You can choose from a few package options, but all you need to do is show up!
If you forget your Razorback gear, you’re in luck! There are fan supply stores inside the stadium that offer everything you need.
FULL SEC GUIDE HOME PAGE: click here.
Subscribe to StyleBlueprint for a Life of Style + Substance!