One thing we love about pasta salad is that you can totally make it your own. You can use any pasta: elbow, fettucini, penne, smiley face – the world is your oyster! You can also go rogue; diverge from the recipe and add whatever your heart desires. Bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts are a great addition to this already scrumptious recipe. Play around with it and make it fun!
SB verdict: this is pastably the best summer pasta salad we’ve ever had!
- 2 cups pasta of choice
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (we use Hampton Creek JUST mayo)
- 3/4 cup your choice of dairy-free Italian Dressing
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring pasta to a boil and cook according to package instructions. Once pasta is cooked, drain and place into a large bowl.
- Add chopped broccoli and set in refrigerator to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, add onions, olives and cabbage. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo and Italian dressing and mix with a spoon.
- Pour dressing over pasta bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place in refrigerator and let marinate overnight for best results.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.