Summer means warm weather, sandals and suntans (or sunburns). Additionally, it means grilling, reading or eating with one hand while holding a thirst-quenching beverage with the other. In order to enjoy all that the sunny season has to offer, a bubbly spritzer cocktail in our hands completes the ideal summer image. Here are a handful of easy spritzer cocktail recipes created by bloggers for you and your summer aesthetic!
Citrus Ginger Spritzer
By Kate Robertson of ‘a thought & a half’
This summer spritzer cocktail is a revamped version of an attempted career in mixology during an all-too-relatable late night in college. Today, Kate, of a thought & a half, brings us a Citrus Ginger Spritzer that has “plenty of ginger zing” and uses fresh ingredients to give it an above par taste. This blogger, podcaster, creative strategist and writer does it all, including making refreshing cocktails for us to enjoy!
- 1 oz fresh orange juice
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz vodka
- ¾ oz Big O ginger liqueur
- ½ oz simple syrup
- Ginger ale or club soda to top
- Mint for garnish
- Add all ingredients (sans ginger ale and mint) to a cocktail shaker or mason jar.
- Shake to combine for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain over ice into two glasses.
- Top with club soda or ginger ale. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
By Anne Wolfe of Anne Wolfe Postic
Anne, of Anne Wolfe Postic, wrote this recipe to fuel a relaxing day at the beach. Luckily, she shares the recipe with us so we can do the exact same! This Responsible Watermelon Spritzer includes the taste of summer — watermelon — to channel sunny afternoons wherever you are. If you’re like Ann and have kids to look after, sunscreen to apply and lunch to prepare, this spritzer cocktail gives you something to look forward to once all your daily duties are done, which is why she calls it a “responsible spritzer” as you prep it early, but you drink it later. Enjoy the afternoon reading or people watching with this spritzer cocktail in hand.
- 1 cup of watermelon
- 1 serving of vodka
- sparkling water
- Other fruit of your choice (i.e. blueberries, strawberries, oranges, etc.)
- Cut up watermelon into cubes, and place a few into a large cup. The rest can be saved for a snack later!
- Pour in one serving of vodka over the watermelon to soak it and place in the freezer for 2-4 hours.
- After a few hours, add in additional fruit, a splash or more of Prosecco, and top off with seltzer water.
Why is this called a "responsible" drink? Be sure to read Anne's entire post to get to the bottom of that!
Bourbon Prosecco Spritzer
By Cynthia Hoyt of Darling Down South
Pop open a bottle of bubbly Prosecco for this “simple and fragrant” spritzer. Cynthia, of Darling Down South, brings us a “crowd favorite” cocktail that uses orange, sage and sugar. The bold bourbon combines with light Prosecco to create a perfect balance in this summer spritzer cocktail. In addition, the orange, sage and sugar flavors infuse the Bourbon Prosecco Spritzer cocktail with a sweet flavor that fits any summer party mood!
- 1½ ounces of high-quality bourbon
- 3 ounces of Prosecco
- 3 ounces of fresh-squeezed orange juice
- ½ ounce of sage simple syrup (ingredients listed below)
- 4 ice cubes
- Sage leaves and edible flowers for garnish
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 5 sage stalks
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar and water together over medium-high heat to make syrup. Once dissolved, remove from heat and put 5 stalks of sage in the pan, let steep for 30 minutes.
- In a cocktail shaker, add one ice cube, bourbon, orange juice and simple syrup to it.
- With a cocktail stirrer, give the concoction a thorough stir so that all ingredients are well-combined.
- Slowly add your Prosecco and give a gentle stir to combine.
- Put remaining 3 ice cubes in a cocktail glass, and pour mixture into glass.
- Garnish with a sage leaf and edible flowers.
- Serve cold.
Slather on the sunscreen, grab some pals and mix any of these spritzer cocktails to add some refreshing and bubbly sips to your summer!
Find more tasty recipes ideas in our recipe collection. Click HERE!