Aside from being our summer drink of choice, this sangria is fun and easy to make! One of two alcohols definitely needs to be sweet. Suggestions: Prosecco, sparkling rosé or Riesling. You can also use a non-alcoholic sweet sparkling beverage. A killer combo is Chardonnay and sweet sparkling cherry juice. This recipe is super adaptable, so experiment, customize it and have fun!
Right before serving, we garnished ours with a maraschino cherry and blueberries. Oranges, strawberries and blackberries look nice too — any fresh fruit works, so feel free to garnish with your favorite flavors!
SB verdict: the perfect summertime cocktail – sizzling and sweet!
Sizzling Summer Sangria
- 1 bottle white wine of choice
- Sparkling drink of choice
- 1/2-1 cup frozen berries
- Optional maraschino cherry juice
- Combine the bottle of white wine with frozen berries. Let set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Add in sparkling juice of choice before serving.
- Once poured into glasses, add optional maraschino cherry juice.
- If desired, garnish with fresh fruit. (This is highly encouraged – for cute pics, of course!)