The winter cold snap has been brutal so far this year. If you long to get home after a day at work and curl up with a warm, delicious dish of food, let this be your go-to. Margaret Furniss of Caviar & Bananas, with five locations throughout the South, shared her creamed corn recipe with us, and we think you’ll agree that the unexpected addition of turmeric makes it a winner. Whip up a batch and settle in for a nice winter’s evening!
Creamed Corn with Rosemary and Turmeric
- 3 quarts roasted fresh corn (off the cob)
- ¼ pound butter
- 3 cups onion (small dice)
- 1.5 Tbsp minced rosemary
- 2.5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup corn meal (fine grind)
- ½ Tbsp turmeric
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a pot, sweat the onions in the butter until translucent.
- Add the corn and the rosemary and cook for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and turmeric stirring constantly. Stir in the cornmeal until mixed well, add the cream and cook on low heat until the corn is softened and the cornmeal grit is gone.
- Season with salt and pepper, try to leave it a little creamier, remembering that it will need to be reheated.
Find more delicious recipes to make all year long in our “Recipes” section!