This recipe, which comes from Katie Strickland of Katie’s Plates, is part of our “Back to the Table” SB Challenge, where, for three weeks, we feature seven recipes each Sunday and challenge our readers to gather around a home-cooked meal each night. With a food and nutrition degree from Mississippi State University, Katie has realized her passion for sharing healthy and delicious food with those whose busy lifestyles stand in the way of prepping a nutritious dinner. As a nanny, she began prepping healthy dinners for the pickiest of eaters – and they loved them! From there, Katie launched Katie’s Plates, where she creates menus filled with gourmet healthy meals to be delivered to the residents of Nashville, Birmingham and Jacksonville, FL.
Trying out Whole 30? These breaded chicken tenders are paleo-approved! Instead of frying up this favorite, Katie recommends breading the chicken with pecans, coconut flour and spices and then baking for a crispy finish. With a side of (also pale0-approved!) honey mustard, this recipe will remind you of everyone’s childhood favorite dish – without the oil or guilt!
- 4 chicken breasts, or 2 lb chicken
- 2 cups pecans
- 3 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup paleo-friendly mayo
- 2 TBSP yellow mustard
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Trim chicken and cut into even-sized tenders.
- Crumble pecans using a food processor or chop using a knife. Mix pecans with coconut flour, salt, pepper, smoked paprika in a bowl. Whisk together eggs in a small bowl. Dip chicken in eggs using one hand and bread in pecan mixture using your other hand. Lay out on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Whisk together honey mustard ingredients in a small bowl.
For more Katie’s Plates recipes that are part of this challenge, see the recipes below in “More Articles You’ll Love.”