This recipe comes to us from Jessie James Decker’s new cookbook, Just Eat: More Than 100 Easy and Delicious Recipes That Taste Just Like Home.
This article contains product affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links.
Pumpkin Chili with Black Beans
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 6 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- Sliced scallions, for serving
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add the beans, diced tomatoes, pumpkin puree, tomato paste, 1 cup water, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer. Cover partially and let simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Serve the chili in bowls with tortilla chips, shredded Cheddar, and sliced scallions.
Recipe from JUST EAT by Jessie James Decker. © Copyright 2023 by Jessie James Decker. Used with permission by Dey Street Books, an imprint of HarperCollins. All rights reserved. Photography by Liz Schoch.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Visit our recipe archives for more dinner inspiration!