Is there anything more summery than a BLT? There is indeed! Made with succulent peaches instead of tomatoes, and slathering of sweet-and-spicy honey pepper mayo, this sandwich literally drips with the flavors of summer.
The Peach Truck BLP
- 4 T Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 T wildflower honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 8 slices toasted bread
- 12-16 strips crispy bacon
- 4-5 peaches
- 4-8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Stir together the mayonnaise, honey and pepper in a small bowl and spread the mixture on one side of each piece of bread.
- Arrange the peach slices evenly over half pieces of bread.
- On the remaining pieces of bread, arrange the strips of bacon and leaves of lettuce, dividing them evenly.
- Place the bacon-lettuce bread slices on top of the slices with peach to form sandwiches and enjoy.
Excerpted from The Peach Truck Cookbook by Jessica N. Rose and Stephen K. Rose. Copyright © 2019 by S&J Rose, LLC. Reprinted by permission of Scribner, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc.