‘Tis the season for travel and plenty of time under the sun. Wherever you’re headed, it can be difficult to decipher what products are best for packing in your travel bag. Here, we’re giving you a sneak peek into our personal travel makeup bag with everything from cosmetics to hair care, skin care and even a few of our favorite travel bag options to aid you in the packing process and ensure you have the products you’ll need while away from home. Plus, all of these goodies are made for summer wear, so even if you’re not traveling, you’ll get a ton of use out of these throughout the season. So, let’s take a look inside our travel makeup bag — these are the products you need this summer!
Summer makeup is all about enhancing your natural beauty, especially when skin is tanned and glowing. These six cosmetic products will make you look flawless and are extraordinarily easy to apply.
- NARS Orgasm Afterglow Lip Balm: NARS Cosmetics is known for their cult favorite Orgasm blush, which features a well-loved peachy pink tone. This tinted lip balm brings that ultra-flattering shade to the lips. It is a gorgeous sheer blend of peachy pink and golden shimmer, which is ideal for vacation makeup as it simply enhances your natural pout. Plus, this balm is infused with antioxidant and hydrating ingredients, both of which will protect lips from the sun and re-hydrate them after a beach day. ($28)
- Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen: If you find yourself not wanting to apply any type of foundation or face makeup while on vacation, you’re not alone, but sometimes we want to even out our skin tone and cover up any unwanted blemishes or discoloration. This BB cream is ultra lightweight, long-wearing and can be used either under or instead of foundation for smooth, youthful-looking skin. It also has 30 SPF protection, making it a must for vacation. ($37)
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiance Perfecting Pen: This highlighting pen is a crowd favorite among the beauty community. After a quick and easy application to the top of your cheekbones, above the eyebrow, down the nose and above the cupid’s bow, this cosmetic secret weapon will brighten, smooth and perfect your complexion. Plus, its size and shape are perfect for the traveler or on-the-go girl. ($38)
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour: Don’t pack multiple eyeshadow singles or palettes; this one step eyeshadow pen from Laura Mercier is the ultimate easy-to-use product. It is long-lasting, creamy, available in 17 shades (both matte and shimmer) and, in addition to adding a flattering wash of color to the lid, it can also line, highlight or create sultry smokey eye looks. We love this Sand Glow shade for a soft bronze shimmer. ($29)
- Hourglass Illume Sheer Color Trio: When packing cosmetics for vacation, it’s all about finding one product that has multiple uses. This face palette features one bronzer, one blush and one highlight shade in an easy-to-apply cream to powder finish that will look flawless on recently sunned skin. It defines, brightens, highlights and contours your face, making it unnecessary to pack an additional bronzer or blush product. Plus the slim compact packaging makes it travel-friendly. ($62)
- Beauty Blender: And to flawlessly blend all of these products from the BB cream and highlighting pen to the Hourglass trio, the Beauty Blender is any makeup lover’s best friend. We’re sure you’ve seen this applicator before, but if not, this little sponge is the ultimate tool. Dampen the sponge and pounce over the skin to effortlessly blend foundation or cream products for a gorgeously natural finish. ($20)
Our hair can get heavily damaged while on vacation. Pool water, ocean salt and strong sun rays can all wreak havoc on our strands. Here are some products to help protect, rehydrate and style hair while on vacation.
- Drybar Prep Rally Spray: The prep rally spray is the ultimate prime and prep detangler. This is a lightweight pre-styling spray that protects hair from heat hydrates, detangles and strengthens strands. Mist this generously over wet or damp hair and notice how soft and conditioned your hair feels, or spray this on dry hair to refresh the style. ($23)
- IGK Beach Club Texturing Spray: Picture this — you’ve spent all day laying in the sand, returned to the hotel, taken a nice shower and are now getting ready for an evening out. The last thing you want to do is blow-dry and style your hair. Enter the IGK Beach Club Texturizing Spray. This is a salt-free spray that will give you beachy waves and volume without drying out your hair. It’s lightweight, buildable and safe for color-treated hair. ($29)
- Living Proof Humidity Shield Spray: Does your hair seem to frizz and grow with the slightest humidity? This is the product you need. The Living Proof Humidity Shield is a weightless spray that prevents frizz while providing intense humidity protection on any finished style by correcting the first signs of frizz and smoothing hair for hours on end. Just spray it on dry hair after you’ve finished styling. ($23)
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray: There are a TON of salt and surf sprays on the market, and it can be difficult to know which is best. This Bumble and Bumble surf spray has been a beauty community favorite for years. It is a saltwater-based spray that adds texture and volume to create that fresh-off-the-beach look while shielding hair from UVA and UVB rays. ($27)
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo: And if you simply don’t have the time or energy to wash your hair while on vacation, dry shampoo is a must. We love the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day spray because it soaks up excess oil, adds volume and texture and refreshes any style. ($23)
- OUAI Hair Oil: Lastly, if your hair is feeling dry and damaged after a day at the beach, this OUAI hair oil is a life saver. This multitasking oil smooths and rehydrates hair for a sleek, high gloss finish. It also protects strands from heat and smells incredible. ($28)
Don’t forget about your skincare! It is so important to have hydrating and protecting products with you on a beach getaway. Here are a few of our favorites.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: For some much-needed hydration while on vacation, this First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream works wonders. The unique whipped texture is quickly absorbed to provide instant relief to long-term dry or distressed skin. It’s also great for those with eczema. ($30)
- Tarte Glow with the Faux Self-Tanning Mousse: If you’re not interested in laying out under the sun, but don’t want to don a bikini with winter-pale skin, this self-tanning mousse is our top pick. It gives skin a flattering and natural looking bronze shade without leaving streaks or getting stuck on dry spots. And it comes with a handy glove to protect your hands and provide a smooth application. ($39)
- Korres After Sun Greek Yoghurt Cooling Gel: And for after a day spent under the sun, this cooling gel provides long-lasting freshness and comfort to the face and body upon application. It relieves, hydrates and nourishes sun-damaged skin with a soothing, cooling effect. ($26)
- Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen: Need a face sunscreen that’s thin, colorless and won’t clog pores or cause breakouts? This unseen sunscreen is our top pick. It is a totally invisible, weightless daily SPF that smooths and protects skin while providing oil and shine control and evens skin texture, with or without makeup. ($32)
- Moraccanoil Shimmering Body Oil: There’s nothing better than spending the day under the sun and going out for dinner or drinks that evening with newly bronzed skin. To further enhance skin and add a touch of flattering shimmer and shine, this shimmering body oil is the best on the market. Plus, if you feel a bit uncomfortable in shorts or a shorter dress, this body oil will smooth skin and hide imperfections. ($48)
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea 4-in-1 Setting Spray: Last, but definitely not least, is this 4-in-1 setting spray. Not only does this mist (when applied after makeup) ensure your makeup stays put throughout the night, it also refreshes skin after a day on the beach, adds luminosity to skin’s appearance and provides a soothing pick-me-up. ($25)
And to make sure all your beauty essentials arrive organized and, most importantly, undamaged, here are a few of our favorite travel bags.
- Pack-It-All Organizer: This organizer features one larger outer bag with two small removable storage cubes, a removable flat pouch and a spot to easily place all of your brushes. Essentially, this is the ultimate bag for any makeup lover who wants to bring everything without just throwing it in a bag. ($45)
- Pull-It-Together Travel Bag: We’re sure you’ve seen this type of travel bag over the past few seasons. This is the newest and most convenient way to carry your cosmetics. Simply place them all in the bag and tie it up for easy storage. ($26)
- Fold-Out Organizer: If you’re bringing less with you, this fold-out organizer keeps your beauty products organized with storage compartments for cosmetics, toiletries and tools. This one also features brush holders and is compact enough for any suitcase. ($28)
Keep up with the best of the South. Follow us on Instagram, @StyleBlueprint.