I don’t think I’ve ever attended a wedding that evoked such emotional joy. On September 22nd, Emily Coakley and Sam Tucker joined hands in marriage, deciding to spend the rest of their lives together. What is unusual about their relationship is that they’ve been a couple since they were teenagers, so in many ways, their commitment to spend the rest of their lives together wasn’t a hard decision. As Emily walked down the aisle, there wasn’t a dry eye in the church. Certainly, weddings are teary affairs, but this wedding was as joyful as it was poignant. Emily was the loveliest of brides; however she was walking down the aisle without her father, Bill Coakley. Bill Coakley, by all accounts, was one of those great guys who touched so many people in so many different ways. His time on earth was way too short, as he suffered a massive heart attack at age 48, leaving his devoted wife, Kim, and five children behind.
What made this wedding so special for me is that we share an unusual connection–my grandmother and Bill’s grandmother were sisters. Together, these two women were opinionated, passionate and so loved their families.
Not only was I privileged to be there, but a good ol’ Catholic wedding is rousing good fun!
The pictures tell the story of the wedding of Emily Coakley and Sam Tucker. If you believe in love at first sight, then you’ll enjoy our wedding post today.
- Event Planner: Elizabeth James [email protected]
- Photographer Mary Rosenbaum Photographs www.maryrosenbaum.com
- Ceremony: Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary www.assumptionchurchnashville.org
- Venue: Belle Meade Plantation www.bellemeadeplantation.com
- Flowers: The Tulip Tree www.thetuliptreeinc.com
- Cake: Dessert Designs www.dessertdesignsbyleland.com
- Catering: Kristen Winston Catering www.kristenwinstoncatering.com
- Food Truck: The Grilled Cheeserie www.thegrilledcheeserietruck.com
- Lighting: Nashville Event Lighting www.nashvilleeventlighting.com
- Draping and Furniture Visual Elements www.veevents.com
- Rentals: Southern Events www.southerneventsonline.com; Liberty Party Rental www.libertypartyrental.com; Music City Tents and Events www.musiccitytents.com; Classic Party Rentals www.classicpartyrentals.com
- Tents: Nashville Tent and Awning: www.ntaco.com
- Invitations: The Dotted Line www.the-dotted-line.com
- Wedding Programs: You’re Invited Gifts & Paper www.yistationery.com
- Callilgraphy: Kate Page [email protected]
- Photobooth: Built by John Watson, hand lettered by Val Cole [email protected]
- Music: Smoky Mountain Bluegrass Band, Craig Duncan Music and Entertainment Services, Inc. www.craigduncan.net; Complete Desire on Fire, East Coast Entertainment www.eastcoastentertainment.com
Thank you, Emily and Sam, for sharing your special day with us!
And thanks also to Elizabeth James, the event planner responsible for this magnificent event, for helping us coordinate the details of our post today!
Be sure to check out our other wedding stories on StyleBlueprint today:
A Big Ol’ Southern Church Wedding: click here
A Southern Style Wedding with a Nod to Ole Miss: click here
Fly Me To The Moon: click here
Hearts Unite at Heartwood Hall: click here