These are a seasonal flavor to offer guests to your home or to make for edible holiday gifts.
- 1 ⁄2 cup water
- 1 ⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1 ⁄2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the granulated sugar and let it dissolve.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, pour in the pecans and stir.
- Let the pecans cook, stirring every few minutes. The liquid will begin to thicken.
- When most of the liquid has cooked out, the pecans will be shiny and sticky. Remove from the cooktop.
- Spread the pecans on the prepared sheet pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until they are not shiny and look frosty.
- Let the pecans cool and break apart before using.
NOTE: Extra pecans can be stored in heavy resealable bags.
Tried this recipe?Rate it above to let us know how it was!