Now that the kids are adjusting to being back in school and the afternoons and evenings are busier with homework, practices and after school activities, make getting back into the swing of things a little easier with some easy weeknight meal ideas that will please the whole family. This pork tenderloin recipe needs to marinate for at least a couple of hours so I like to make the marinade the night before and then add the pork to it a few hours before I plan to cook it. I also like to double this recipe so I can use the leftovers for sandwiches or tacos the next night. This recipe is simple and quick, just what you need when there’s a lot on your plate!
Seriously Good Citrus Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fennel seeds
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins each 1 to 1 1/4 lb.
- 1 orange sliced
- In a bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, fennel seeds, garlic, chopped rosemary, red pepper flakes, mustard, salt and black pepper. Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork tenderloins, seal the bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and discard the marinade. Preheat the grill or use a cast-iron grill pan preheated over medium-high heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Place the pork on the grill pan and cook, turning occasionally, until nicely grill-marked and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 140°F, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the orange slices on the grill pan and cook, turning once, until nicely grill-marked, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Cut the pork into slices and arrange on a warmed platter. Garnish with the orange slices and rosemary sprigs and serve immediately.