On September 28th, Clay Jackson, Jr. married Minnette Boesel at St. Andrew’s by-the-Sea which stands atop Sunset Hill, the highest geographic point on Cape Cod.
Their wedding, like so many others before theirs, captured the charm and loveliness of Hyannis Port, an idyllic seaside town. What stands out the most about their wedding, however, is the sheer understated simplicity and elegance of the affair — gorgeous neutral hues of color against the backdrop of breathtaking vistas. As family and friends gathered to celebrate, the one overriding thought by all in attendance was how perfectly suited Clay and Minnette were for each other.
How they met gives way to something most of us already know — yes, all roads do lead back to Nashville. They met by chance at the gym in New York City. Both lived in the same neighborhood, both were ardent workout enthusiasts and both had a Vanderbilt connections. She was a recent graduate, so dressing in the black and gold gear was her drill. He, taking notice of the lovely Minnette, wore his Vandy shirt everyday to the gym until an introduction ensued. No creepy guy at the gym trying to score a date, but rather, a dashing, Athens-of-the-South guy forging a reasonable connection. It worked.
Four years later, Clay planned a weekend getaway in Charleston, SC. There, at the Cathedral of St. Luke & St. Paul, a beautiful historic church where his great grandfather had an active role as rector in the early 1900’s, he asked for her hand in marriage. Champagne and tears ensued with dreams of their wedding underway.
The was no other choice for the bride and her family but Hyannis Port. For four generations, they have summered on the Cape with such fond memories. Even the altar was adorned in decades-old enormous conch shells from the bride’s grandmother, also used in other family members’ Hyannis Port weddings.
- Venue & Food: Hyannisport Club
- Photographer: Josh Reeder
- Invitations: The Paper Place
- Flowers: Karen Tadai at Lilacs Florals
- Chairs and Linens: Dyane Silins at Be Our Guest
- Band: Search Party
- Draping & Lighting: Ormonde Productions
- Cake: Cottage Street Bakery
- Save the date, menu and escort cards: Avalon Stationery
- Artwork (for save the date cards and wedding locator map): Liz Mumford
- Calligrapher: Val Cole
- Wedding gown: MIA Bridal Couture
- Bridesmaids’ dresses: Bella Bridesmaid of Houston
- Groom & Groomsmen attire: Oxford Shop and Otis James
- Day-of-Coordinator: Elegant Engagements