No matter the season, fresh fruit always makes for a fresh and yummy dessert. For this dessert, Katrina Adams, a Birmingham-based food blogger at KMarie Kitchen, used our perennial fruit favorite: strawberries. Whether you pick your own, get them at the farmers’ market, or swing by the grocery store, strawberries can be found year-round and are equally welcomed in the summer as they are for a holiday dessert.
With only four ingredients, this dessert is sure to become one that you make again and again.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Rinse strawberries and cut tops off.
- Cut strawberries in half (if they don't lay flat you may need to take a sliver off the side to provide a flat base)
- Mix cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer. (SB TIP: If you do this by hand, it's very hard for the powdered sugar to mix completely and it will likely leave lumps.)
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture onto the strawberries. (SB TIP: Place the mixture into a plastic sandwich bag and cut a small tip off a corner and use that to pipe the mixture onto the strawberries.)
- Sprinkle strawberries with graham crackers, shaved chocolate, blueberries, or even a tiny piece of mint.
- SB TIP: Get creative and cut the strawberries in different ways, add different toppings, or even use a different extract flavor.
Enjoy this delicious dessert!