A bright and crisp pickled veggie escabeche, with a tangy spicy brine.
- 1 large carrot, peeled, 3-inch by 1/4-inch bias cut, ridged
- 1/2 jalapeño, 1/4-inch half moons
- 1 medium yellow onion, 1/2-inch julienne
- 1 medium red bell pepper, 3/8-inch julienne
- 1 head of cauliflower florets, halved
- 1 whole garlic head, halved
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
Cut carrots on a bias.
Cut remaining vegetables by hand and combine in a deep container, set aside.
In a stock pot, bring escabeche brine to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over vegetables while still hot.
Store in refrigerator in brine for a minimum of 12 hours.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!