California Turkey Club Sandwich
This recipe puts an elevated twist on a classic picnic dish.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices multigrain bread toasted
- 1-2 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices green bell pepper
- 2 oz sliced Havarti cheese
- 4 oz cooked turkey breast sliced
- 2 slices turkey bacon cooked
- ¼ cup alfalfa sprouts
Using a food processor, purée the avocado, lemon juice, fresh dill and cayenne pepper until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Spread the avocado mixture on both sides of the toasted bread. Build the sandwich by layering lettuce, tomato, green peppers, cheese, turkey breast and turkey bacon. Season with a little freshly ground black pepper. Top with alfalfa sprouts and the second slice of bread.
Secure with toothpicks, cut in half and dig in.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!