This chocolaty, moist sheet cake is rich and tasty.
- 1 16.5-ounce package Swiss chocolate cake mix (such as Duncan Hines)
- 1 1 ⁄4 cups water
- 1 ⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3.4-ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix (such as Jell-O)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons cola such as RC Cola
- 1 16-ounce package powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans optional
Prepare the Cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the cake mix, 1 1⁄4 cups water, vegetable oil, pudding mix, and eggs in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined, about 2 minutes. Coat the bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 29 minutes.
Prepare the Icing: Cook the butter and cola in a medium saucepan over medium until just boiling, about 5 minutes; remove from the heat. Combine the sugar and cocoa in a bowl; add to the butter mixture, and stir well. Stir in the pecans, if desired. Spread evenly over the warm cake; cool completely, about 1 hour.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!