Bacon Potato Salad
There are so many potato salad recipes, but this one really is stellar.
- 3 lbs red potatoes gold potatoes work well also. And, if you can find the teeny colorful potatoes that I used for today's photos, they add an extra "red, white and blue" and some extra antioxidants also!
- 3/4 cup of chopped green onions green and white parts both
- 3 stalks celery diced fine
- 7 pieces crispy bacon crumbled
- 1.5 t sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 t black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 T dijon mustard
For best results, boil potatoes the day before and refrigerate overnight (I do not peel my potatoes; do what you like best)
Cut potatoes, once cool, into bite size chunks
Cook bacon to crispy
Combine green onions, celery, bacon to potatoes
Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, salt & pepper in a separate bowl
Combine potato mixture and the mayonnaise mixture together.
Refrigerate for an hour. Decide if more salt and pepper are needed.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!