Spinach-Walnut Pesto (to serve with pasta)
This homemade pasta is easy to make, and because it uses primarily spinach and walnuts, as opposed to basil and pine nuts, the color is a vibrant green with a nutty taste, and lower cost to boot!
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves peeled garlic diced
- 1 large bunch basil stems removed (25-30 leaves)
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese
- 1 11-ounce container of spinach
- Salt to taste
- Use half this recipe to make enough pasta for 12 -15 people. Save the rest!
Place in food processor in this order:
Half of the spinach
Now, run the food processor until this is finely mixed. Add the rest of the spinach and start again and run until finely mixed.
Add salt and taste, until to your liking.
Cook your favorite pasta and toss, using as much pesto as you desire. This makes enough for about 20-30 servings of pasta.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!