Crazy Peanut Butter Sandwich
After reading about a similar sandwich at a peanut butter sandwich restaurant in Portland, I decided I could make one myself. The results were a full on flavor explosion in your mouth!
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper per sandwich or more if you like very spicy food
- Peanut butter or almond butter, choose smooth or chunky
- 2 slices of white bread per sandwich
- Cooked Applewood smoked thick-cut bacon, or a premium bacon of your liking, 2 pieces per sandwich
- Cherry preserves typically find the preserves at a gourmet grocery store or at a farmers market
Cut the jalapeno in half, lengthwise, and seed. Place in a preheated 450-degree oven, skin up, for 20 minutes. You can use canned jalapenos, which is easier, but it's not nearly the gourmet experience. Remove the pepper(s) from the oven and take off the skin (if desired) and slice to evenly distribute on sandwiches. Each sandwich only needs the equivalent of 1/2 to 1 roasted jalapeno pepper.
Slather peanut butter on one piece of bread and layer with two pieces of bacon and roasted jalapeno slices. Generously spread cherry preserves on another piece of white bread and then layer it on top, cherry side toward the peanut butter, bacon, pepper mix.
To save time, prep sandwiches ahead, when the peppers are roasting, so all you need to do is add the roasted peppers when they are ready.
Cut in half and enjoy!
Rate it above to let us know how it was!