Summer White Bean Salad
We like to cook a bag of dried white beans to have on hand for lots of recipes, but you can also use two (15-ounce) cans of drained white beans in this recipe to make it quick.
- 1 16-ounce package dried white beans
- Fresh herb sprigs
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 orange or red bell peppers roasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 3 Tablespoons sherry wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper
For dried beans, soak immersed in water overnight or for 6-8 hours. Drain and then cook for 60-90 minutes in water at least two inches above beans, skimming off any foam and cover with fresh thyme, oregano or parsley and garlic. Drain and let cool.
If using canned white beans, simply heat the beans in a pot.
Combine about 3/4 of the cooked beans with the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!