Open-Faced Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Cucumber Spread
This sandwich recipe is simple and incredibly flavorful. It is the perfect way to enjoy summer tomatoes and cucumbers!
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cucumbers seeds removed, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt plus more for serving
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper plus more for serving
- 6 Texas Toast slices or other thick white bread slices toasted
- Thinly sliced chives
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 lb. assorted fresh tomatoes about 3 large, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
Stir together cream cheese, cucumbers, red onion, dill, mint, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined.
Spread about 1/4 cup cucumber mixture on each slice of toast. Top each with 2-3 tomato slice and drizzle each with 1 tsp. of the olive oil. Sprinkle with chives, salt and pepper. Serve Immediately
Rate it above to let us know how it was!