Spicy Watermelon, Strawberry & Jicama Salad
The perfect side for summer meals as this fruity side salad pairs beautifully with grilled ribs, chicken, burgers and more! This recipe was made in collaboration with Kroger's Simple Truth® line of organic, all-natural products.
- 1 small seedless watermelon chopped into bite-size pieces (approx. 10 cups)
- 4 pints strawberries quartered (approx. 5 cups)
- 1/2 jicama approx. 2 cups
- Juice of two limes approx. 1/3 cup
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 1 cup Simple Truth® organic cilantro roughly chopped (Consider mint or basil if you don't like cilantro)
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice juice from approx. 4 limes
- 1/3 cup Simple Truth® organic Italian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1.5 T ground black pepper
- 1 t Simple Truth® organic ground cumin
- 1 t Simple Truth® organic ground chili powder
- 1/2 cup feta cheese optional
Chop up the watermelon into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
Wash strawberries and remove stem and leaves, and cut each into quarters and place on top of the cut watermelon.
Peel the jicama and chop into slivers. Suggested size is 1.5 inches by 1/8 of an inch.
Dice a red onion, or cut into slivers. However you prefer. Use approximately two cups of onion. Place in bowl on top of the strawberries.
Roughly chop the cilantro and place one cup into the bowl of chopped fruit and vegetables.
In a small bowl, add jalapeño, olive oil, lime juice, kosher salt, black pepper, cumin and chili seasoning and mix.
Mix the chopped fruit and vegetables. Pour liquid dressing on top and mix again.
Top with feta cheese and more cilantro. (Optional)
For patriotic flair, add blueberries.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!