Raspberry Buttercream Icing
This raspberry buttercream is light and fluffy.
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 7 cups powdered sugar plus more for dusting, divided
- 6 tablespoons raspberry jam pure fruit, no sugar added, divided
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 2 cups fresh raspberries for garnish
- Makes 1 three-layer cake approximately 12 servings
To make the icing, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter until smooth. Add the cream cheese, and beat on a medium speed until it is fully combined and smooth. Add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, and mix on low speed until well combined. Add 1 tablespoon of the raspberry jam, the vanilla, and the salt, and mix on low speed until well combined.
In three parts, alternately add the remaining powdered sugar and raspberry jam, beginning and ending with the powdered sugar, beating well after each addition and finally beating until the icing is smooth and fluffy. Slowly add the 2 tablespoons of milk, and beat on high for another 20 seconds or so (this adds a shine to the icing).
Rate it above to let us know how it was!