Caramelized Onion Dip
This caramelized onion dip is a total crowd pleaser! It is best served in classic fashion with Ruffles potato chips.
- 1 ⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces 1⁄4 cup salted butter
- 2 large onions very thinly vertically sliced (about 7 1⁄2 cups)
- 3 ⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 ⁄2 cup mayonnaise such as Hellmann’s
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Potato chips such as Ruffles
Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium; cook until butter melts. Add the onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is caramelized, about 50 minutes, reducing the heat as needed to prevent the onion from burning. Remove from the heat; stir in salt and pepper, and cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Coarsely chop the onion mixture.
Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth; fold in the onion mixture. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Serve with the potato chips.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!