Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
This recipe is one you simply mix in a bowl, spread in a baking dish and bake for an hour. It's so easy!
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Hash Browns (find in the refrigerated section)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup (I use healthy request by Campbell's)
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese (I use Kroger brand sharp cheddar)
- 3/4 cup sour cream I use Daisy low-fat
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: if you like a little kick add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
Spray a casserole dish (I use an oval one that is approx. 11 x 7 inches) or butter it before adding the mixed ingredients in and spread evenly.
Cook for 45 minutes to one hour, depending on your dish: the thicker the casserole, the more time it will need to cook. (With my 11 x 7-inch dish, it takes just about an hour to cook).
Rest for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!