Family Reserve Biscuits
This recipe results in perfect buttery, fluffy, golden brown biscuits!
- 2 Cups Flour Low-Protein, A/P
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar Granulated
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt Kosher
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Very Cold
- 2 Tablespoons Lard Very Cold
- 1 Cup Buttermilk Full-Fat
- 2/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour Low-Protein, A/P
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Melted
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Butter the bottom and sides of a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
Mix together dry ingredients.
Grate the butter and lard into the dry and cut into dry ingredients.
Pour buttermilk and cream into dry ingredients and stir until just barely combined. It should resemble cottage cheese.
Use 4-ounce scoop or spoon to place dollop of dough into a bowl with the remaining flour.
Sprinkle flour on top. Pick up dough ball and gently shake off excess flour.
Place into the skillet very close together.
Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and set.
Pour butter over biscuits as soon as they are out of the oven.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!