White Truffle Dijon Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white truffle oil or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon optional*
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper or to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons water or as needed
Cover the eggs with water in a medium pot. Bring the water to a gentle boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
Drain the eggs and rinse them with cold water until the eggs are cool to the touch. Peel the eggs. Slice each egg into halves horizontally.
Place the cooked yolks in a mixing bowl and set the cooked egg whites aside on a serving tray.
Roughly mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in the mustard and truffle oil until smooth. Stir in the tarragon if using. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the egg white shell. If the yolk mixture is too thick to spoon or pipe easily, stir in additional truffle oil or water a few drops at a time until the mixture is loose enough to pipe.
*Because the entrée on this menu has tarragon as a focus, I did not include the tarragon in the deviled eggs for the party.
Rate it above to let us know how it was!